Nextcloud can be used provide file hosting service with browser based access but also Desktop Application or Mobile Apps. It can easily be connected to Contabo's Object Storage in order to store and retrieve data.
Please follow the installation instruction like described on Nextcloud.
- Contabo's S3 URL
- your bucket name
secret_key and the S3 URL please check here.
- S3 URL = https://eu2.contabostorage.com
- bucket name = nextcloud
Please follow the steps in order to use Contabo's Object Storage as external storage:
- Select on the upper right admin user
+ Apps, see screenshot
External storage support, see screenshot
- Go to
Settingsvia upper right admin user, see
- On left hand side via
External Storage. See
- Specify values for a new external storage, see
Contabo S3 Object Storage
Enable Path Style
- Click on Save (the little checkmark icon at the right)
- You are done. Navigate to files, there you should see the folder "Contabo S3 Object Storage" and being able to upload and download files to the S3 Object Storage